What is it?
The EdisonLearning Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching is a research-based descriptive and evaluative tool that covers all that teachers do in and out of classrooms to enable great learning. Linked to the Ofsted Schedule for school inspection, as well as the Teachers’ Standards, it is organised in a logical manner and in progressive detail so that teachers can explore all aspects of teaching and learning, identify their development needs based on a coherent assessment rubric, and examine the behaviours they will see when these needs have been met. To this end, it is an ideal tool for bringing the appraisal process to life.
In addition to this content, the Quality Framework also provides schools with guidance on processes for developing the quality of teaching and learning more systematically. It does this by:
- Providing a structure whereby whole school and targeted professional development can be shaped according to staff need
- Helping schools build a developmental and collaborative culture through a coaching model for teacher improvement.
In more detail …
The Quality Framework is organised as follows:
- A Assessment for Planning and Learning
- B Strategies for Learning and the Application of Subject Knowledge
- C Climate for Learning and Lesson Organisation
- D Use of Resources
- E Support for Learners
- F Professional Standards and Conduct (the Teachers’ Standards, mapped against the other Elements of the Quality Framework)
- 1 Knowledge of prior attainment and achievement is used to inform planning
- 2 Progress is assessed in the lesson and strategies adapted to maximise learning
- 3 Learning is applied within and outside the lesson
- 4. Opportunities are planned for evaluation and feedback to and by learners
- 5 Planning enables quality learning experiences and skills progression
A descriptive assessment rubric for each Theme (the Grids), rigorously connected to the Ofsted Schedule so that teachers and evaluators can identify what performance in each Theme looks like, from Outstanding to Inadequate
A set of learner and teacher behaviours for each Theme (The Guides), that identify visible features of that Theme in action if assessed at good or better.
To find out more information or to order a FREE sample, please contact us via email or on 01376 562953.